Saturday, September 22, 2007

Teaching for freedom

In my experience, the ideas suggested by Freire are not often seen at schools today. What I mean is tha most teachers seem to work individually, without taking into account the learnes' own ideas and thougths. It seems to me that many teachers today are not really concerned about creating a will in their students to express themselves and give their opinions.
As a teacher to be, I would like to appy Freire's ideas, because I think it is very important to reduce learners' oppression; and to educate strong future adults, or already adult people who will not be ignorant anymore.
Paula!!

1 comment:

emcy lee said...

Hi, I just stumbled across this blog in writing my philosophy of teaching could you explain to me more about Freire? You words just hit me. Especially these "creating a will in their students to express themselves and give their opinions." and these "reduce learners' oppression; and to educate strong future adults, or already adult people who will not be ignorant anymore"

Just incredible, the philosophy that I am writing could not have been put in better words that that.

<3

you can contact me at 3michi@gmail.com

Thanks so much for inspiring me.